Addition Finger Chart 1
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Addition Finger Chart 1|
|Math - Memory Work|
|Materials|| Addition Finger Chart 1|
addition problem slips
This activity allows the child to practice memorization of addition facts.
- Take the materials to a mat or table. If working at a mat, you will need a writing board to go under the paper.
- Draw a problem slip and copy the problem onto the paper.
- Place your left finger on the red number corresponding to the first number in the problem. Place your right finger on the blue number corresponding to the second number in the problem.
- Slide your left finger down so that it is on the same row as your left finger.
- Slide your left finger over to the same square as your right finger.
- Open your fingers to reveal the answer.
- Record the answer on the paper.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Just use flash cards instead. Put answers on the back for the child to check to see if they have the correct answer. Have them sort the cards into piles depending on whether of not they got them correct.
Make Your Own
|Addition Finger Chart 1||Addition Problem Slips||Addition Control Chart 1 (print on legal sized paper)|
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 60, 158