Asking to Help a Friend
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
We've been online for over ten years, but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over the years. We didn't have a good way of sorting out legitimate ones...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019. We're so sorry if you've lost your account and weren't a spammer. We've setup stronger anti-spam measures and will be monitoring more closely in the future to prevent such drastic action.
Please recreate your account if you find it no longer works. Again sorry for the strong measures! We love submissions that aren't from trolls and spammers!
|Asking to Help a Friend|
|Practical Life - Grace and Courtesy|
The purpose of this activity is to show the child how to politely ask another child if they may help the other child with their work.
- Invite the child: "I would like to show you how to ask a friend if you can help."
- Walk to a child who is working independently.
- Gently place your hand on his or her shoulder and wait for them to look at you.
- One they look at you, say, "Excuse me, may I help?"
- If the child says yes, say, "How may I help?"
- Follow the child's directions to help with his or her work.
- Say, "Thank you for letting me help.", before you stand carefully and walk away.