Blank Addition Chart
|Blank Addition Chart|
|Math - Memory Work|
|Prerequisites||Addition Finger Chart 1|
|Materials|| Blank Addition Chart |
corresponding number tiles
This activity allows the child to practice memorization of addition facts.
- Carry the material to a mat or table. Lay out as shown.
- Draw a random tile and place in an appropriate square on the board.
- Draw other tiles and place them on the board in the same way.
- Continue until all of the tiles have been placed on the board.
- Bring Addition Finger Chart 1 from the shelf. Compare the completed blank chart to it to check the work.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
- the first Addition Finger Chart can be used to check the work when done
Variations and Extensions
- The work could also be done by first sorting the number tiles into columns in order. Then start in the top left corner and put all the tiles on the board in order.
Make Your Own
- Addition Control Chart 1 (print on legal sized paper)
- Addition Control Chart 2 (print on legal sized paper)
- Addition Finger Chart 1
- Addition Finger Chart 2
- Addition Finger Chart 3
- Blank Addition Chart
Where to Buy
Sold in sets with all 6 charts.
Affordable Montessori $59.00 (framed)
Alison's $7.50 (control chart)
Alison's $50.00 (framed)
E & O $87.00
Kid Advance $45.99 (framed)
Montessori Outlet $26.95
Thinkamajigs $131.95 (AMI)
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 23, 61