Constructive Triangles - Large Hexagonal Box
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Constructive Triangles - |
Large Hexagonal Box
|Sensorial - Visual Discrimination of Form|
|Prerequisites||Geometric Cabinet |
Constructive Triangles - Triangular Box
Constructive Triangles - Rectangular Box
Constructive Triangles - Blue Rectangular Box
|Materials||Large Hexagonal Box|
Use of this material makes the child aware that all polygons can be made with triangles. This activity prepares the child for geometry.
- Take the material to a large mat. Lay out the triangles on the mat as shown.
- Slide down the first triangle.
- Slide down the bottom portion of the next triangle. Trace your fingers over the black line on one of its sides.
- Trace your fingers along the black line on one of the same type of triangles. Slide it down until the sides come together.
- Trace your fingers in the angle left by the two triangles. Trace the angle of the remaining triangle.
- Slide that piece down to the empty space where it fits.
- Cover this triangle with the first.
- Step four
- Step five
- Step six
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Printable version available to buy here:
Constructive Triangles - $4.50
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
|Set of 5 Constructive Triangle Boxes|
|E & O||$150.30|
|Materials Co. of Boston||$230.00|