Digraph Word Lists
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Digraph Word Lists|
|Language - Reading|
|Prerequisites||Word Lists |
|Materials||lists of phonetic words that include digraphs|
In this activity the child reads lists of words with digraphs (or phonemes with more than two letters).
- Carry the stack of word lists to a mat or table. Place the them in the upper right corner.
- Take one of the lists and have the child read each word.
- Select another list if the child wants to do more. Continue as long as the child shows interest.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
If making your own lists, keep in ind that this is a good place to include words that are hard to depict with objects or pictures. (wish, them, feel, etc.)
- shall, sham, shed, shell, shim, shin, ship, shod, shop, shot, shun, shush, shut
- bash, cash, dash, dish, fish, gash, gosh, gush, hash, hush, Josh, lash, lush, mash, mesh, mush, nosh, posh, rash, rush, sash, wish
- shaft, shelf, shift, shunt, shred, shrub, shrug, shrimp, splash
- Chad, chaff, chap, chat, chess, chill, chin, chip, chit, chop, chug, chum
- much, rich, such
- champ, chant, chest, chimp, chomp, chump, lunch, inch, belch, bench, bunch, conch, filch, finch, hunch, lunch, mulch, munch, pinch, punch, ranch, winch, zilch, blanch, branch, brunch, clench, crunch, drench, flinch, French, stench, trench, scrunch
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 07 October 2020
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 112, 173-174