Key Sound Folders
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! We've been online for over ten years (yay!), but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over time. We didn't have a good way of sorting them out...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019.|
We're so sorry! We've setup measures to prevent such drastic action again. Please recreate your account if it doesn't work.
|Key Sound Folders|
|Language - Reading|
Digraph Word Lists
|Materials||folder with the key sound on the front|
a card for each common spelling of that phoneme
a little booklet of words for each spelling
Also called the Reading Folders or the Phonogram Folders.
In this activity the child reads words in little booklets. Each booklet in a group has a different way to spell to spell a phoneme.
- Take one of the Key Sound Folders to a mat or table. Place it in the upper right corner.
- Open it and remove the little booklets. Lay them out on the mat.
- Next step
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- A Path for the Exploration of Any Language Leading to Writing and Reading by Muriel I. Dwyer, pages 29-33, 36-40
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 153-155
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 112, 130-131
- The Phonics and Stuff word list builder