|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
We've been online for over ten years, but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over the years. We didn't have a good way of sorting out legitimate ones...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019. We're so sorry if you've lost your account and weren't a spammer. We've setup stronger anti-spam measures and will be monitoring more closely in the future to prevent such drastic action.
Please recreate your account if you find it no longer works. Again sorry for the strong measures! We love submissions that aren't from trolls and spammers!
|Language - Grammar|
slips of paper
The Farm or objects from the room
In this activity the child learns about nouns.
These can be done with one or several children.
- Take the pencil and paper slips to a table or mat. (If at a mat, you will also need a clipboard for writing.)
- "Everything has a name. All the people, all the things, even all the places that we go have names. Words that are names are called nouns."
- "Let's look around us and try to think of some nouns." Take turns thinking of nouns and writing on them on the slips of paper. At first the teacher may need to prompt the child a little until they get the idea: "What's the name of a person you can see?" or "What's the name of something on the shelf over there?". When the child thinks of one, the teacher can reinforce by saying as she writes, "Yes, the word box is a noun."
"Bring me a ___"
- Step one
- Next step
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Free printable Grammar Symbols (black outlines, print on the appropriate color of cardstock and cut out):
Grammar symbols could be cut out of card-stock, craft foam, or plastic (maybe from plastic lids).
Where to Buy
Prices and links last checked: 25 May 2020
Basic Grammar Symbols Box
Absorbent Montessori $25.00
Affordable Montessori $39.00
E & O $37.00
ETC Montessori $30.00 (no box?)
Kid Advance $22.99
Leader Joy $24.95
Materials Company of Boston $65.00 (small)
Materials Company of Boston $65.00
Materials Company of Boston $75.00
Montessori Concepts $25.00
Montessori Outlet $9.95 (box extra $13.95)
Grammar Symbols Stencil
Affordable Montessori $4.99 for 2
Albanesi $52.00 for 5 (large)
Albanesi $52.00 for 5 (small)
Alison's $6.50 for 2
ETC Montessori $7.50
Mandala Classroom $45.00 for 5
Montessori Outlet $3.95
3D Basic Grammar Symbols
Alison's $18.00 (no base)
E & O $134.00
Kid Advance $21.99 (base: $8.99)
Kid Advance $65.99
Leader Joy $26.95 (no base)
Leader Joy $34.95
Materials Company of Boston $55.00 (no base)
Montessori Concepts $38.00
Montessori Outlet $28.95 (base: $8.95)
Montessori Outlet $57.95
3D Noun and Verb
Affordable Montessori $12.00
E & O $17.00
Kid Advance $11.99
Leader Joy $15.95
Materials Company of Boston $48.00
Montessori Concepts $13.00
Montessori Outlet $13.95
Nienhuis Noun only: $26.20
Nienhuis Verb only: $26.20
- The Advanced Montessori Method: The Montessori Elementary Material by Maria Montessori, pages 40-42+
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth Hainstock, pages 113, 133-135