Noun - Person, Place, Thing
From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Noun - Person, Place, Thing|
|Language - Grammar|
|Materials||category labels: person, place, thing|
cards with noun words
In this activity the child learns sorts noun word cards into one of three categories: person, place, or thing.
(The concepts of abstract nouns and proper nouns are not taught until later.)
- Take the box of cards to a mat or table.
- Set the box in the upper right corner of the workspace.
- Take out the category labels and set them across the top of the workspace.
"Nouns are naming words. A noun could be the name of a person, the name of a place, or the name of a thing."
- Take out the noun word cards. Have the child read the first card.
- Place the card under the appropriate category heading.
- Continue until all the word cards are sorted.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
- Colored stickers could be put on the backs to act as a control of error.
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
- Printable Person, Place, Thing sorting
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 07 October 2020