Plant Life Cycles
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Plant Life Cycles|
|Science - Botany|
|Materials||models of the steps in a plant’s life cycle|
circle with an arrow to show progression
This activity demonstrates the stages in a plant's life cycle.
- Take the work to a mat or table.
- Place the circle with the arrow at the center of the work space.
- Put the pictures or objects in order around the circle from earliest stage of development to the latest stage of development.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- If possible, have real seeds and plants at different stages of growth to show the children. You could do this by starting bean seedlings every couple of days.
- could also be done with pictures of the stages in a plant's life cycle
Make Your Own
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 23 January 2022
(Amazon/Bookshop are affiliate links, which help cover costs of running the site.)
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 203-204