|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
We've been online for over ten years, but unfortunately we've had a lot of spam accounts over the years. We didn't have a good way of sorting out legitimate ones...so took the extreme measure of wiping everything before November 2019. We're so sorry if you've lost your account and weren't a spammer. We've setup stronger anti-spam measures and will be monitoring more closely in the future to prevent such drastic action.
Please recreate your account if you find it no longer works. Again sorry for the strong measures! We love submissions that aren't from trolls and spammers!
Also called a Library Corner or a Book Corner.
The books in the reading nook should be rotated out on a regular basis. There should not be more than ten or twelve books there at a time.
Introducing a child to the reading nook
Source: A Handmade Childhood
Source: Counting Coconuts
- Children's Books in a Montessori Classroom on this site
- The Handling a Book lessons on this site
- The Read-Aloud Handbook by Jim Trelease
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 156-157
- Montessori Read & Write by Lynne Lawrence, page 40