Subtraction Finger Chart
From Montessori Album
Our latest free printables are cards for the Logical Adjective Game and the Logical Adverb Game.
|Subtraction Finger Chart|
|Math - Memory Work|
|Prerequisites||Subtraction With Bead Bars|
|Materials|| Subtraction Finger Chart|
Subtraction Problem Slips
This activity allows the child to work on memorization of subtraction facts.
- Take the material to a mat or table.
- Draw a problem slip and copy it to the paper.
- Put your right finger on the red number for the first number in the problem. The left goes on the blue for the second number.
- Slide the right finger down to the same row as the left finger.
- Slide the left finger over to meet the right.
- Open your fingers to reveal the answer.
- Record the answer on the paper.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
The child can check their work with the Subtraction Control Chart:
Variations and Extensions
Make You Own
|Subtraction Finger Chart||Subtraction Problem Slips|
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 07 October 2020
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, pages 67, 162