From Montessori Album
|Practical Life - Care of the Environment|
|Age||3 - 4|
|Prerequisites||Liquid Pouring |
Using a Sponge
|Materials||spray bottle with soapy water |
table to wash
This activity teaches the child how to wash a table.
The material should be laid out on the shelf as shown with extra towels next to the tray.
- Carry the tray to a table to be washed.
- Move the chairs to the side.
- Move the tray to one of the chairs.
- Spray soapy water on the table.
- Scrub the table with the sponge.
- Squeeze out extra water from the sponge into the bowl as needed.
- Dry the table with the towel.
- Take the towel to the laundry. Empty the water from the bowl into the sink. Move the tray to the table and push in the chairs.
- Return the tray to the shelf. Replace the used towel with a clean one from the stack on the shelf.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- From Counting Coconuts:
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, page 33