Writing on Paper
From Montessori Album
|We've updated our prices on products from many online Montessori stores! If we've missed your favorite store, please let us know!|
|Writing on Paper|
|Language - Writing|
|Prerequisites||Writing on Chalkboard|
|Materials||Montessori writing paper |
In this activity the child practices writing letters on paper.
The type of writing paper used is available to print below.
- Take the paper and pencil to a table. Turn the paper at an angle.
- Show the child that the whole letter should fit on the stripe.
- Show the child how to use a finger to space the letters.
- If the child writes a letter that they are unhappy with, instead of erasing it, have them cross it out.
- Ask the child which of the letters in the row they think is the nicest. Have them circle that letter.
- Most lowercase letters fit on just the stripe.
- Later show that some letters have parts that go above the stripe, and some have parts that go below the stripe.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- A laminated sheet of Montessori writing paper and fine-point dry-erase marker could also be used.
|Picture-Top 5 Lines||Full Page 9 Lines||Full Page 8 Pink Lines|
- Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under-fives by David Gettman, pages 146-147