Bones of the Body
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! Happy 2020!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Bones of the Body|
|Science - Human Anatomy|
|Prerequisites||Vertebrate / Invertebrate Sorting|
|Materials||a collection of x-rays|
In this activity learns about the human skeleton.
- Remind the child that vertebrates are animals that have bones and that humans are vertebrates.
- Tell the child that they can feel some of the bones in their body through their skin. Have them feel their elbows, wrists, head, hips, etc.
- Tell the child that x-rays are pictures of bones that are taken through a body. Allow the child to examine the x-rays and discuss which bones of the body are shown.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Three-part cards of the bones of the body could be done.
- Three-part cards could also be done for the bones of the hand.
- X-rays of animals could also be brought in (ask for old ones at a veterinarian's office).
- Draw and label a picture of a human skeleton.
- This could be done with white crayon or chalk on black paper.
- Assemble a model skeleton.