From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! Happy 2020!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Art - Color|
|Prerequisites||Color Box 3|
|Materials||color wheel template |
3 dropper bottles with water dyed red, yellow, and blue
coffee filter or paper towel
This activity helps the child see how all the colors can be made by mixing the primary colors.
- Take material to a table.
- Write name on coffee filter.
- Put drops of colored water on the color wheel pattern to match the dots.
- With a toothpick mix together the four dots in each circle.
- Lay coffee filter on top of pattern. The colors will be absorbed and will blend together.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
The pdf below can be printed, cut out and glued to a 10 inch diameter circle of construction paper or card stock. That can then be laminated or covered in clear contact paper.
Printable Color Wheel
Where to Buy
A nice version of this material is available from Great Extensions.