Dr. Montessori's Own Handbook
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Dr. Montessori's Own Handbook|
|Original title||Manuale di pedagogia scientifica (Manual of Scientific Pedagogy)|
While most of Maria Montessori's other books focus on her theory and philosophy, in this book she describes the actual set up, materials for, and running of a primary Montessori classroom.
- Introductory Remarks
- A "Children's House"
- The Method
- Didactic Material for the Education of the Senses
- Didactic Material for the Preparation for Writing and Arithmetic
- Motor Education
- Sensory Education
- Language and Knowledge of the World
- Exercises for the Management of the Instrument of Writing
- Exercises for the Writing of Alphabetical Signs
- The Reading of Music
- Moral Factors