|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Practical Life - Care of the Environment|
|Age||3 - 4|
|Materials||cotton cloth |
object to dust
dark colored tray
This activity teaches the child how to dust objects.
The material should be laid out on the shelf as shown. A stack of folded dusting cloths should be next to the tray, with one already on the tray with the brush.
- Carry the tray to a mat or table. Then find an object from the room that needs dusting and bring it to the workspace.
- Use the brush to dust the object. Be careful that the dust falls on the tray.
- Fold the dusting cloth over the index and middle fingers of the dominant hand as shown.
- Use the cloth to dust the object.
- Use the brush to sweep the dust from the tray into the trashcan.
- Clean-up: Return the object that was dusted to its place. Put the dusting cloth in the laundry. Place the tray with the brush back on the shelf. Take a clean dusting cloth from the stack and put it on the tray for the next person.
Points of Interest
- seeing the dust on the rag and on the tray
- seeing the object become cleaner
Control of Error
The dark colored tray makes it easier for the child to see the dust.