|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Language - Language Foundation|
|Materials||pairs of pictures that go together |
In this activity the child matches cards with pictures of associated things.
- Carry the basket to a mat. Place it in the upper right corner.
- Take one set of cards and line them up along the left side of the mat. If there are a large number of cards, use two columns.
- Match the second set of cards to the first.
- When putting the work away, be sure to randomize the cards within each set.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Be sure that all of the pictures on the cards are familiar to today's children. I have seen sets of cards in modern classrooms in which children are supposed to match a picture of film to a picture of a camera, or match a record to a record player.