Pin Punching Designs
|Pin Punching Designs|
|Art - Pin Punching|
|Prerequisites||Handling Sharp Objects|
|Materials||paper with a design printed on it |
pin punching stylus
pad to go under paper
In this activity the child punches tiny holes along lines on a piece of paper creating a design or picture.
Pin punching is a good activity for children who need extra help developing their pincer grip.
- Select a piece of paper and put it on the tray.
- Take the material to a table.
- next step
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- children can draw or trace their own shapes to pin-punch
- make a pin punched paper lantern
- pin punch constellations:
- Source: Counting Coconuts
Instead of a pin-punching stylus you could use:
- a pushpin, a bent paperclip, a bamboo skewer cut short, a paper awl, a beading awl
Pads to go under the paper could be made from various materials:
- thick felt, carpet pad remnant, corrugated cardboard, styrofoam, low pile carpet remnant
Make Your Own
Search for pictures of "tin punch" designs to use.
Where to Buy
Holder for Styluses
Montessori Services $6.00