Powers of Two Cube
From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Powers of Two Cube|
|Sensorial - Visual Discrimination of Form|
This activity prepares the child for understanding the binary system.
- Carry the material to a table. Place on the left side of the table.
- Remove the blocks one at a time and place on the table as shown.
- Rebuild the cube in the box by replacing the blocks in the opposite order from which they were taken out.
- Remove the blocks from the box as in the first presentation, but leave more room at the bottom of the table.
- Rebuild the cube on the table as shown.
Points of Interest
The moment at which the blocks form a larger cube.
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- The cube can be built upside down starting with the smallest pieces, and ending with the largest one.
Where to Buy
Affordable Montessori $28.00
ETC Montessori $75.00
Hello Wood $91.00
Hello Wood $93.00 (stained rather than painted)
Juliana Group $75.60
Kid Advance $23.99
Materials Company of Boston $82.00
Montessori Buy $32.05
Montessori Education Supplies $30.00
Montessori N' Such $24.50
Montessori Outlet $23.95
Montessori Stores $65.00