From Montessori Album
|Math - Linear Counting|
|Age||4.5 - 5|
|Prerequisites||Teens Board |
Association of Beads and Cards
Also called the Square Chains.
This activity teaches the child skip counting which is preparation for multiplication. It also indirectly prepares the child to understand squaring numbers.
- Bring the chain to a mat.
- Bring a square of the number to the mat.
- Bring the labels and sort them into columns.
- Fold the chain in a square.
- Compare to the square to show that they are the same.
- Stretch the chain back out. Count and label it.