Addition Finger Chart 2
From Montessori Album
|Addition Finger Chart 2|
|Math - Memory Work|
|Prerequisites||Addition Finger Chart 1|
|Materials|| Addition Finger Chart 2|
addition problem slips
This activity allows the child to practice memorization of addition facts.
Printable chart and problem slips are available below.
- Set out Addition Chart 1 to compare to Addition Chart 2. Show that Chart 2 is similar but with part of the chart missing.
- Set up the material as shown to work problems.
- Select a problem slip and copy in onto the paper.
- Put the right finger on the smaller of the two numbers, and the left finger on the larger number.
- Slide the right finger over to othe last number on its row.
- Then slide the right finger down to the same row as the left finger.
- Slide the left finger over to meet the right.
- Open your fingers to reveal the answer.
- Record the answer on the paper.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
- The child can check their work with Addition Control Chart 1
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
|Addition Finger Chart 2||Addition Problem Slips||Addition Control Chart 1 (print on legal sized paper)|
Where to Buy
Prices and links checked: 05 August 2020