Introduction to the Cards
|Welcome to Montessori Album!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Introduction to the Cards|
|Math - Introduction to the Decimal System|
|Prerequisites||Introduction to the Beads|
This activity introduces the child to the numerals 1, 10, 100, and 1000.
- Take the tray to a mat or table.
- Lay out the cards as shown. The thousand should be on the left and the unit should be on the right.
- Point to the 1, "This says 1."
- Point to the 10, "This says 10."
- Point to the 100, "This says 100. Can you count the zeros?"
- Point to the 1000, "This says 1000. Can you count the zeros?"
- Do a Three Period Lesson.
Points of Interest
- Counting the zeros
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Where to Buy
bestmontessoritoys (small) $16.95