From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! Happy 2020!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Practical Life - Fine Motor Skills|
|Materials||2 bowls |
The purpose of this activity to teach the child how to transfer liquids with a spoon.
- Carry the tray to a table.
- Take the spoon and show how to gently dip it in to get a spoonful of water.
- Move the spoon so that is centered over the right bowl. Lower the spoon a bit and tip it to pour the water out. Use the sponge to clean any drips that get on the tray.
- Repeat until all the water that can be reached with the spoon has all been transferred.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
- Different types and sizes of spoons could be used.
- The water could be dyed different colors or be left clear.
Avoid using a wooden tray with this activity, or any other activity that involves water.