From Montessori Album
|Welcome to Montessori Album! Happy 2020!|
In addition to the free materials here, please consider my new store Phonics and Stuff at Teachers Pay Teachers for additional educational items. Thanks!
|Sensorial - Sense of Temperature|
|Age||3 - 5|
|Prerequisites||Touch Boards |
|Materials||set of thermic bottles|
This activity helps the child develop their sense of temperature.
- Carry the material to a mat or table. Set the lid to the right or the box.
- Remove one of the bottles by lifting it by its wire handle.
- Hold the bottle in one hand to get a sense of the temperature.
- Select another thermic bottle from the box and hold it in the other hand to compare the two. If the second one does not match, set it on the lid to the side of the box.
- When a match is found, set the two side-by-side in the upper left corner of the workspace. Return the bottles on the lid to the box.
- Repeat this process until all of the bottles have been matched.
- Return the bottles to the box in mixed-up order so the work will be ready for the next student.
Points of Interest
Control of Error
Variations and Extensions
Make Your Own
Where to Buy
A Plus Montessori $39.95
Absorbent Montessori $49.00
Affordable Montessori $45.00
Affordable Montessori $69.00 (premium)
Jump Start $39.95
Kid Advance $43.99
Montessori Buy $47.03
Montessori Educativos $103.85
Montessori N' Such $55.00
Montessori Outlet $63.95
Montessori Stores $47.00
- Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-School Years by Elizabeth G. Hainstock, page 52